Celebrating 15 Years of Supporting the Federation of Awarding Bodies
Advanced Secure Technologies were pleased to work with FAB as the Platinum Partner for Certification and to again be the headline sponsor of this year’s FAB 2022 Annual Conference.
In addition to our support for the FAB 2022 Conference, we are the accredited Platinum Supplier of Certificate Solutions and Secure Printing for the Awarding Sector. This platinum status reflects the priority we place on vocational qualifications and our commitment to developing innovative certification security solutions that protect individuals and organisations against fraudulent activity.
This year we demonstrated our Secure Qualification Platform – Digital Certificates Web, which hosts a range of secure certification technologies such as Blockchain Documents®, Blockchain Papers®, and Blockchain Badges® to improve security, learner experience, and efficiency. Read the Skills & Education Group case study.
In addition, we discussed how organisations can adopt a Digital First approach to certification using our Digital Certificates Web platform which has seen our customers’ demand for printed documents fall by as much as 90%, further supporting their service, sustainability, and digital transformation initiatives.
About FAB 2022
The FAB 2022 Conference, Exhibition, and Awards returned to the Marriott Hotel in Leicester on 20 and 21 October 2022. Over 400 delegates and 45 speakers attended the flagship industry conference for the awarding, assessment, and wider skills sector, to gain and deliver insights across FAB’s interactive plenary and workshop programmes. The FAB conference aimed to help delegates achieve three key aims:
- Gain a more practical appreciation of the changing world of assessment and its impact and important contribution to equity, diversity, and inclusion. (E.g., tackling the attainment gap; understanding neuro-diversity, and making adjustments).
- Better understand challenging perspectives on (under) representation of diversity in the AO/EPAO workforce/ learner community and how to increase participation. (E.g., what practical steps can individual AOs/EPAOs and the industry take to tackle under-representation? How does it relate to the role of the industry careers framework? Closing the gender pay gap? And how we get better at promoting career routes into the industry; including the development of more diverse managers and leaders).
- Implement practical EDI strategies and actions in your day-to-day role. (E.g., adopting more inclusive language; challenging discrimination; understanding the difference between freedom of expression and
prejudice). Source: © Federation of Awarding Bodies 2022
Innovation of the Year – Sponsored by Advanced Secure Technologies
The ‘Innovation of the Year’ award recognises the Awarding Organisation that successfully applies any form of innovation, celebrating the ideas that have had the most significant impact across the sector.
Whether the innovation is a new product, a service, or a culture of improvement, the entry included evidence of how the invention has been developed and applied to improve performance, operational effectiveness, or customer engagement to improve the learners’ experience and bring something new to the awarding sector.
- Skills & Education Group – Blockchain and Digital Certification
- Gateway Qualifications – Enabling Digital Assessment of EDSQ in the Prison Estate
- Open College Network NI (OCN NI) – OCN NI Centre Learning Grants Initiative
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI) – CMI Management Diagnostic Tool
Gateway Qualifications – Enabling Digital Assessment of EDSQ in the Prison Estate
Image Source: © Federation of Awarding Bodies 2022
Prize Draw Winners
To celebrate 15 years of supporting the FAB Conferences, delegates were given an opportunity to enter our prize draw to win either Apple AirPods Pro 2 or Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro when joining us at our stand or entering our virtual booth prize draw.
Those winners were:
- Candace Miller
- Karen Falconer
*Winners notified by email.